About Us

365 Days of Grief & Healing

Send Flowers


We won't share your email

History

On April 5, 2010, the Steuernol & McLaren Funeral Home celebrated 100 years of service in northern Michigan. 


The brothers, Elmer and Kazimer Steuernol began with a furniture and undertaking business combination in downtown West Branch. The furniture business was later sold and the funeral home moved to its present location in West Branch. 

New homes were acquired, Roscommon in 1952 and Rose City in 1965. In 1970, the Prudenville home was built. 

On July 1, 1984 Steuernol Funeral Home, Inc. was purchased by Terry R. McLaren and H. Michael Axford. On November 1, 1990 the interests of Michael Axford were purchased by Terry R. McLaren and the business was renamed Steuernol & McLaren Funeral Homes, Inc. In May and June of 2002 the Prudenville and Roscommon branches were sold and in December of 2002 the St. Helen branch was established and opened. On July 1, 2012 Steuernol & McLaren Funeral Homes, Inc. was purchased by Philip W. Stephens and Rayme R. LaBean.

The families we serve live in an area of approximately 60 square miles, making us one of northern Michigan's largest funeral homes.